Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default MailMerge cannot merge on some user

You have to apply the fix to the computer where the merge is being
performed. That is probably on the user workstations in this case.

I applied the fix to the server. However, it still doesn't work. Note: My
data file is a word document, rather than a SQL connection.

Word uses a dialect of SQL even when it connects to data sources that it
reads using its "internal converters."

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Gary Lam" wrote in message
There are some user accounts in my company they cannot use the mailmerge
function that provided by our .Net application anymore.

The system use to be working fine. After we upgraded to Word 2003 from
2000.
The problem start happening.

It shouldn't be a coding problem. As we never change the code. The only
change is the Office upgrade.

In OFfice 2003, I notice that there are a security issue in connecting a
data source with a template and create a new file.

However, I look in the internet, most of the post is just telling me to by
pass SQL Security Check

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

I applied the fix to the server. However, it still doesn't work. Note: My
data file is a word document, rather than a SQL connection.

Here is my error message:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A11FD): This method or
property is not available because the current mail merge main document
needs
a data source.
at Word.MailMerge.Execute(Object& Pause)

Thanks for your help,