Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default autotexts in word 2007?

Hi Jbaz,

One method is to make a copy of your old Normal.dot and give it a new name then place it in the Document Building Blocks folder.
Word will pickup autotext/gallery entries in those templates. You can check in
Insert=Quickparts=Building Block organizers.

In Word help the printer icon on the toolbar at the top should print the current search result or topic for you.

It's not clear what you're referring to in the 'switching screens' comment. If you're talking about help, the thumbtack on the Help
toolbar should keep it on top for you.

============
"jbaz" wrote in message ...
I've got to start by saying I am NOT impressed with Office 2007. Yes, I do
have to relearn the whole program and it is extremely frustrating.
OK Enough rant.
I have found that Autotext is now helpfully called 'Building Blocks" and I
too use this feature a lot and had many entries saved in my old version of
Word. I found the entries in my old Normal.dot file. Can I move them all at
once into Building Blocks or do I have to manually move them one by one?
Highlighting them doesn't work.
BTW, is there any way to print help results? Another PIA having to make
notes and jump back and forth between screens to make changes.
Thanks
JB
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)