Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Microsoft Word 2003

What printer is currently selected as the default? What view are you in? Or
is the problem possibly just that you don't have the Formatting toolbar
displayed (View | Toolbars)? You do know, don't you, that there are other
ways to apply font formatting?

"keitht1703" wrote in message
I have WORD 2003 installed and use this to type letters. I use the Bold

and
Italic facility quite a lot. Last night this "disappeared" from my screen.

can no longer select Bold or Italic and I can't change my typeface or
yypesize. How get I get this facility back? I have tried re running the
set-up software disc which told me that Word has been "repaired" but the
problem is still there.
I hope someone can advise me, in non-technical langauge please as I am not

computer freak. Sorry if this appears a silly question!