Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SammyH SammyH is offline

Default Headers and Page Numbers Word 2007

Hi

I have a 500 page document divided into multiple files. Each file has its
own multiple sections separated by section breaks (next page).
I simply cannot get the page numbering to work.
I insert the headers which correctly change at each section
This works fine
I then try to insert the page number starting from(say) 289
The page numbers should be at the top and outside of the page so different
for Even and Odd pages
Word 2007 either puts the page number up either against my centralised
header or on the left of the page or just as a number that doesnt increment.
Sometimes it puts it in a text box and sometimes it doesn't
I must be doing something wrong. Is there a definitive set of instructions
somewhere?

Many thanks

Sam