Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DaRose46 DaRose46 is offline

Default How can I skip blank lines when line numbering?

thanks, I can do that. Since this is a 100-page playscript which I did not
originate, I think the paragraphs will stay as they are.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, first of all, a blank line won't be numbered unless it's an empty
paragraph, and empty paragraphs should be avoided, anyway (use Space
Before/After instead). But if you insist on using empty paragraphs (despite
all the good reasons for not doing so), you can format them with a style
that includes "Suppress line numbering" (Format | Paragraph | Line and Page
Breaks).

"DaRose46" wrote in message
the online help says you can skip line number for blank lines but I can't
find that option in any related dialog box. Can anyone tell me how?