Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default CREATEDATE field does not change with Save As

No - most fields will only update when an update is forced. The simplest
answer is to add an update macro to your toolbar and click it when you have
made any changes - use the sample code at

Or you could switch to print preview and back.

NancyM wrote:
I am using Word 2000. I have a template with the date entered using
the CREATEDATE field. I create a new doc using Save As. The
CREATEDATE field does not change unless I press F9. Is there a way
to have the CREATEDATE field update without the user pressing
additional keys.