Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Default Macro Recording Problem

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:05:02 -0800, "PA"
wrote:

Using Word 2002, we have a user who is attempting to create a macro that
amoung other things, inserts a text box into the document. How do we do
this, when the use of the mouse is disabled (during the recording process)?

Thanks
Paul

It's impossible to record this or any other action that depends
exclusively on the mouse. You need to learn a bit of Visual Basic for
Applications (VBA) -- or get someone who knows it -- to edit the
macro. There are commands that can insert, size, position, and fill
the text box. However, you need to know in advance what you want to do
instead of just clicking and dragging until it looks right.

This topic really belongs in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners ("Programming" in the list of
groups on the web page).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman