JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Yikes - I have the Office 2003 version!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Cindy

I don't care about litigation!

If it was Special Edition - Using Microsoft Office XP then I agree with
Suzanne. It was probably the MOST disappointing book I have read from the
authors and I am loathe to buy anything from them again. As Suzanne as
suggests, it was a badly reworked version of their book. It was rushed out
to print, is full of inaccuracies and just doesn't flow.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Cindy" wrote in message
: Thank you Suzanne, for confirming my thoughts and helping me maintain my
: sanity under somewhat trying circumstances. Having read further, I have
: found more references that lead me to believe it is just a poorly
reworked
: book.
: And I would mention whose book it is, but since I work for a law firm, I
am
: very well aware of potential litigation, sorry folks.
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: Your latter guess is undoubtedly correct: the book you bought was
evidently
: written for Word 2000 and earlier and not properly updated for Word
2002.
: File | New in Word 2002 does *not* open the New dialog by default. But
yes,
: you can customize it to do this by substituting the FileNewDialog
command.
: For more on this, see
: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Cindy" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi Gang:
: I recently bought a rather expensive book on Word 2002, in the hopes
of
: improving my skills, given the fact that I have been directed to
support
: our
: computer users.
: The book states that when you choose New from the File menu, it will
Open
: the New dialog box on the General tab. I assume this is the
Templates
: window.
: When I perform this activity, File, New displays the New Document
task
: pane,
: and I need to click General Templates to get to the screen they are
: talking
: about.
: Is there a setting somewhere, outside of the registry to change this
: behaviour? Or is the author incorrect and just took a Word 97 book,
made
: some changes to it and passed it off as brand new work?
: Thanks
: Cindy
:
: