Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Webb Mike Webb is offline

Default Problems navigating within docs

Using Word XP (2002), with all SP's.
=============================
Our Executive Director called me over a few minutes ago; he's working on a
doc - trying to - and he can't get an insertion point. No matter what he
tries to do with his mouse (wireless), it just highlights the text. I tried
and was able to backtrack along a highlight to a single insertion
point/blinking cursor, but then when I moved the mouse or used the up/down
arrows, I get highlighting. We checked the menu's but can't see anything.
Just started happening. He also says he sees this now in Outlook 2003.

I'm baffled; is this something in Office XP on his laptop, or might it be
his wireless mouse?

--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.