Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Automatic update of calculation fields in a protected form

Make sure you have "Calculate on exit" checked in each of the form fields
that contributes to the calculation.

"Anna Kezer" Anna wrote in message
In Word 2003, I have a table with simple multiplication formulas, which
should be automatically calculated once the document is protected and a

user
puts numbers into respective cells. The problem is that this does work in

one
document, but when I copy-paste the exact same table into another

document,
it stops working. Formulas are assigned to the cell through "Table -
Formula..." and are simple "=PRODUCT(a3,c3)" type.
In unprotected mode, I am able to manually trigger update by F9 or
right-clicking the cell and selecting "Update Field". But this of course

does
not work for the protected/form mode.
Any ideas why would automatic update of calculation fields work in one
document and would not work in a new one, created by simple copy/paste, no
properties changed?