Graham Mayor

Use an ASK field or better still a user form to collect the data.
Then there is no need to edit the bookmarked text directly.

Flip wrote:
Hi all,
Using Bookmarks and Ref fields is a great mechanism. It's as if you
are writing at several different places at the same time!

My problem is that bookmarks are easy to delete:
Write some text, select it, make it a bookmark.
Next the text needs to be changed:
Someone may edit the text in the bookmark. In the process the
bookmark gets deleted.
If there are 10 fields referencing this bookmark in the document
there now are 10 errors!

So, I am looking for a way to prevent bookmark deletion. There is a
lot of other text in the document which needs to remain editable so I
can't change the document to a form.
Maybe if the 'source' text is in a table, then a macro can check for
bookmarks to be were I expect them and when gone, add them with te
text found in the table cell?
Or is there a better way? This is Word 2000.

Flip