Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default still auto-date problem

You don't 'open'the template tomorrow - you create a new document from it
and that new document will have its current date.

MAndersen wrote:
This is the second time I write, I have not gotten useful answars to
my first Q.

I'm using Word 2007. I've set up some templates which I use to write
business letters. One of the features I'm using is 'current
date' because I like not having to type that in on every quote.

If I change "todays date" to createdate in the template, it will not
be todays date when I open the template tomorrow.

Can I somehow have a template that updates the date to today, and
when I save it as a domument, it does not update the date, but save
it as create date?

Thanks
MAndersen, DK