Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Document created by older version of Word won't open

Could be that the copy of office used to save it ran as administrator, while
the current copy is as a user without the same rights.

Brian

Email:

"John" wrote in message
I'm currently using the version of Word contained in Office 2003. I have
some documents I created with earlier versions which no longer can be
opened. I get this error message:

"You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version
of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this
version by your registry policy setting."

How do I fix this? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.