Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Search and Replace within a table

You cannot search for the end of cell character, what I was implying was
that you could insert ^13 to find paragraph breaks within a cell. There was
nothing wrong with your approach (though it could be simplified) eg

(*): [^13^32-^255]{1,}
replace with
\1
will find most stuff that is likely to be there.

DeanH wrote:
Or even upto End of Cell. Why is there no search code for the End of
Table Cell character?

"DeanH" wrote:

Very true Graham, but what I meant was that it does not want to work
within the variables listing. Do you know of a code that means "all
characters upto end of line/paragraph"?
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

^13 can be used in the wildcard mode to find a paragraph break
See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

DeanH wrote:
You can use:
\: [+0-9A-z&./,)({}; -_-]{1,}
in the Find field, turn "use Wildcards" on under the More button.
This will find all text after a ": " upto a Paragraph Mark. So if
you have separate paragraphes in the cell, the remaining text will
not be found. The code for Paragraph Mark cannot be used when in
Wildcards mode. Also if it was you would find the whole document
after the first occurance of ": " ;-)

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Bogey Man" wrote:

I am using Word 2000 and would like to be able to do a search for
a colon followed by a space (: ) and delete the colon followed by
a space, and everything that follows to the end of the sell.

Any help would be appreciated.