Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LovableNoobie LovableNoobie is offline

Default How do I make several references to a single footnote?

I want to be able to cite a single footnote several times, but each time I
put a footnote in Word it makes a new one. Is it possible to make Word
understand that I want to refer to an existing footnote, not make a new one?
For example, if I have a list of items and I want to make a footnote comment
that refers to some of those items I should be able to put the comment once
and then put the same note reference mark after each subsequent item to which
the comment applies.