Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa

Default Find/ Replace is auto-capping the words I want to replace with

You are right! I saw the Match Case option before and never thought it would
solve the question I posted coz it sounded to me that Word should match my
"ABC" with same case and not match my "Test". I wonder if this has been
posted as a suggestion yet...

" wrote:

In actual fact, the Match Case check box is meant to control whether
the Find Text is matched exactly or not. The MS-Word development team
choose to use it for two purposes rather than adding an extra check box
for 'Replace with Same Case'. We've taken the latter option with our
TextPipe Pro tool, because we've found that MS-Word's approach to this
problem is confusing to users. Our MS-Word Search/Replace tool WordPipe
has to conform to MS-Word's standard in this regard, and we get
questions about this all the time. sigh

Jezebel wrote:
That's what the 'Match Case' checkbox controls.

"Melissa" wrote in message
I want to find all "ABC" and change it to "Test". In the Find/ Replace
dialogue box, I type in "Test" exactly as shown (without quotation marks).
However, Word is replacing ABC with TEST.

I am using Word 2003.