Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to change font for cross-references

Word is still geared toward print, in which a hyperlink is pointless and
hyperlink formatting (blue and underlined) is intrusive, so it suppresses
the Hyperlink character style for hyperlinks in cross-references and TOCs.
But see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/F...References.htm for
workarounds.

http://word.mvps.org

"tikouka" wrote in message
I have been a WORD user for years, but I still cannot work out how to make
cross-reference appear as a link.

When I create a cross-reference it just appears as normal text (unlike
applying a hyperlink). Is this a default and somewhere you can opt for
colored text and an underline?

And what is the point of a x-ref that cannot be identified as a x-ref
until
you actually hover over it? Unless I am missing something really basic,
that
seems really stupid.