WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I type an 'overline' or 'overbar'?

Hi Peyton,

To type an overline or overbar in Microsoft Word, you can use the Equation Editor. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Equation" in the "Symbols" section.
  3. In the Equation Editor, click on the "Accent" button in the "Structures" section.
  4. Select "Overbar" or "Overline" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Type the variable name or phrase you want to put the overline or overbar over.
  6. Click outside of the Equation Editor to return to your document.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + 7" to insert an overline or overbar. Simply type the variable name or phrase you want to put the overline or overbar over, then press "Ctrl + Shift + 7" to apply the formatting.