Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default IF field? and if so, how to set up it??

But he doesn't want the results of the dropdown. He wants his/her, him/her,
etc., based on whether the choice is Mr., Miss, Ms, Mrs., etc. This is
probably a better job for a UserForm, and it's something that can be done by
Bill Coan's DataPrompter (http://www.wordsite.com/products/dpdas.htm).

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi revolution21,

All you need to do with your dropdown field, note it's bookmark name and
set its properties to 'calculate on exit. Then, wherever you want the
results of the dropdown selection replicated, insert a cross-reference
(via Insert|Cross Reference) pointing to the dropdown's bookmark. When
you're done, protect the document for forms.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"revolution21" wrote in
message ...

Hi to everyone, this is my first post in this forum
Hope that someone can help me and that my question is not already
published on the board (if so, I'm sorry but i wasn't able to find it
:P)

My problem is:

I want to do a form, in which I need to use a dropdown menu at the
beginning that allows me to select between "Mr." and "Miss". I would
like that in the rest of the text, evreytime i need to use a pronoun
like his or her, automatically every pronoun will be changed according
to the selection in the dropdown menu, E.g. if I choose "Miss" in the
dropdown every pronoun have to switch to "her"... if I choose "Mr.",
the same spots need to be changed in "his"... Is there any solution to
this??
I don't know if the question is clear..sorry for bad english!
Thanks in advance

--
revolution21