Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Goldy540 Goldy540 is offline

Default question on bullet and numbering

Hello,

You should be able to accomplish this by first of all choosing
Format/Bullets & Numbering/Outline Numbered and pick your pattern and then in
your document indent to go to the next level. If you don't want to indent,
you can just turn off automatic numbering and number manually how you want it
to be.

"Associates" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out here with bullet and
numbering. I've been spending hours and hours trying to make this to happen.
I'm trying to create a new style that would do like the following

Section 1 Testing
1.1 abc
1.2 def
1.2.1 def 1
and so on

All i could get was
Section 1 Testing
1.1 abc
2.1 def
3.1 blah
or

1.1 abc
1.1 def
1.1 blah

really drive me nuts.

Been looking for some help but to no avail. Please guide me. I'm using
office word 2003.

Thank you in advance