TF

Robin

It is extremely unlikely that converting your WP templates into Word format
will work unless they are exceptionally simple. But the way to do this is to
open a template and then select File, SaveAs and choose Word xxxx format.

Alternatively, open Word and select the WP template: Word will convert it
into Word format and then use SaveAs and choose .dot (template).

However, unless you have a really compelling reason to do so, I would advise
creating new templates from scratch.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Robin Huckeba" Robin wrote in message
:I recently bought a laptop with Word Perfect 12 but have used Microsoft
Word
: on my desktop to do transcription. I want to copy templates onto the
laptop
: but am having problems. When I open WP it says to choose the mode I want
: work in and when I choose Microsoft Word nothing changes that I can tell.
How
: do I copy templates into Word? I don't want to have to redo them all. I
: appreciate any help.
: Robin