Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default cannot change font in footnote reference

How you access previous posts depends on which of the many web portals you
access by - but the messages are collated at Google Groups -
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/se...ups.google.com
You may find it easier to use a newsreader to access the server directly -
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

kyle wrote:
i wrote about this problem last month and couldn't solve it so i gave
up now i'm trying to solve it again. i can't find my old post so i
will have to start over. if microsoft would make it so that we can
view our threads that would help.

ok, i cut and paste some text onto a new doc and the font in the
footnote reference becomes very huge. when i try to change the font
of the footnote reference in the style section, that font becomes the
font for the whole text. this was the answer i received last month
on how to solve it

1. Right-click in any paragraph and choose Style... This will open
the Style dialog.

2. Change the display setting from "All styles" to "Styles in use."

3. Find and select Footnote Reference.

4. Press Delete. This will not actually delete the style (you can't
delete built-in styles), but it should reset it to the default
Normal.dot definition (Default Paragraph Font + Superscript).

If modifying the Footnote Text style changes the entire document, then
perhaps the entire document is in Footnote Text style? Or perhaps the
other styles are somehow based on Footnote Text? This seems very
unlikely, but it is the only explanation I can think of.

ok, so i delete the footnote reference style. that just makes the
footnotes look regular, ie, they're not raised and they're the same
font as the rest of the text. no matter what i do whenever i try to
adjust the font of the footnote reference it applies it to the whole
document