Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default auto tex

There is no autocomplete in Word 2007. Instead type vaca and press F3 to
insert the entry - or if you want it automatic, set up an autocorrect entry
instead eg replace #vaca with Vacation Resorts International. Autocorrect
can handle everything that auto text could manage, except the prompts. The
exchange is instead instant. All you have to do is remember your shortcuts

If you adopt the latter plan you will find it useful to add the autocorrect
tool to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

Gayle B. wrote:
i'm a new user of Word 2007. What happened to the auto text
function? I use this ALL the time. For example, my company is
Vacation Resorts International. I used to have it set up so that
when i typed in "vaca" a box would pop up with Vacation Resorts
International spelled out, i'd hit enter and that would type out in
my document. Where is that function?