Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multilevel lists

If you disable all the AutoFormat As You Type options (even though some of
them are actually quite useful), you'll be close to having a typewriter,
with the exception that lines will wrap without your having to press the
carriage return lever. This is, needless to say, not the most effective way
to use Word (some good places to start letting Word help are first-line
indents instead of an initial tab character and Spacing After instead of
pressing Enter twice), but it does get you back to basics.

http://word.mvps.org

"radford sallee" wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill;469005 Wrote:
You can still number manually. First apply one of the List styles or
(from) Suzanne S. Barnhill....

Thanks, Suzanne, I'll read those instructions. They sound like what I
need. I still wish Word included a command like "temporarily become a
typewriter, 1940s Olympia," but that's probably a temporary condition
called ignorance. - Rad

--
radford sallee