Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Format change from Access to Word

1. Can you post the SQL query code being used here?

2. Are the underlying fields currency types, or more general floating
point types, e.g. double? (Currency types are known to cause some
problems , though I do not know exactly why)) Or...

That particular field has one of ten values in it.

are these associated with a lookup field?

3. If the query code is using the format function to format the output,
does it make any difference if you covert the original amount to a
double in the query using cdbl(myamount) before applying formatting?

4. If you know that the values never have any decimal places, are you
able to format the data further in Word using e.g.

{ =int({ MERGEFIELD myfield }) \#£0 }

(where all the {} are the special field code brace pairs you can insert
using ctrl-F9) ? This assumes that you need truncation rather than
rounding for these values.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

RobFJ wrote:
I'm using Word and Access 2007.

The mailmerge fields come from an Access query and one of the fields in
the query is formatted as currency with zero decimal places.

That particular field has one of ten values in it. If I run the query in
Access, all ten show the correct format.

However, when I run the mailmerge in word, nine of those values are as
I'd expect (eg £12345); the tenth has three decimal places (eg £12345,678).

I'm lost as to what to do.

Can SKS help

TIA

Rob