Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default form field auto calculate

See €œWD2000: Calculation in Form Field Shows Wrong Result€
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211253

"JSwa" wrote in message
I'm having some problems with my form fields. I want a form field to
calculate the total from 4 other form fields. I have my equation set as
=Text41+Text42...etc. And the totaling works, only when you select the

form
and hit F9.

I want to make this field update the totals automatically, whether the
document is locked or unlocked. However, I'm not sure what macro to use. I
tried setting it on Run Macro on (in the editing of the form field) both
entry and exit or just one or the other. The macro I used was update

fields.
Then I tried Calculate on Exit instead of Macros. However I tried I could

not
get the field to update automatically. Is there a way to do this on Word
alone? Or is this asking too much from Word? If so could someone please

tell
me how?

Thank you!