Default revising old exam

That's what I would have assumed--i.e., the incorrect but seductively
designed answers. Creating these is quite an art, and it can be very
difficult to come up with as many as three in some cases.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote in message
Technically, the "distractors" are all of the "selectable-response
options" for one "item" of a "multiple-choice test" (ed. sometimes
erroneously called an objective test) except the correct or, more
accurately, the wanted one.

P. M. Sadler, "Psychometric Models of Student Conceptions in Science,"
Journal of Research in Science Teaching (1998. V. 35, N. 3, pp. 265-296).

--

Tom
MSMVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: If you link your outline numbering scheme to specific styles (such as
the
: List Number series) as described in
: http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, then
you
: should be able to format your document by applying these styles as
: appropriate (this is when the Styles & Formatting task pane comes in
really
: handy). But if numbering was typed manually, you'll need to remove it
: manually after applying the numbered style. If all the incorrectly
numbered
: "distractors" (never heard them so described before) are numbered with
a),
: b), c), it should be a simple matter for Find and Replace to search for
: these combinations in turn and replace them with nothing. If the number
is
: followed by a tab character, your search text would be, for example:
:
: a)^t
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Colleen" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Hi. I am revising an exam in Word 2003 which has had some exam
questions
: pasted into it from another exam, most of which has different
formatting
: and wierd numbering and lettering. My question is, what is the best
way
: to go through and change all the "distractors" from a) b) c) to A. B.
: C. throughout? Should I take out all the numbering and formatting,
: then re-do them? My other question is, I have (finally!) grasped the
: concept of outline numbering, and set myself up an outline numbered
: list to look like the exam question; question # followed by
: distractors. I have not quite figured out however if I can make it
: into a "style" for exam questions, that I can apply to this new exam.
: Hopefully I am making sense! Thanks for any help, Colleen.
:
:
: --
: Colleen