Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kenan Kenan is offline

Default New User Questions

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kenan and for the past few days I've been studying Microsoft
Office Word 2003. I've created a list of about 10 questions that I just can't
find answers to and I was hoping if someone more experienced could help me
with these.

Here are the questions:

- What is "endnote"?
- What is the difference between "headings" and "headlines"
- What is the difference between "footer" and "footnote"?
- How can I save all customizations of menus and toolbars that Ive made and
how can I apply them to all future documents?
- How can I do the same as above but instead of applying it to all future
documents, apply it to the specific one?
- Can I place JPEG images as toolbar images?
- Smart Tags don't seem to recognize dates!? What can I do about it? (I
already checked the "Smart Tags" checkbox in "AutoCorrect" options but
nothing happens.)
- If I accidentally delete a Smart Tag (stop recognizing it as such), how
can I restore it?
- In the book "Microsoft Office Word 2003 Step-by-Step" I read the
following: "If you prefer to read and approve Word's changes before it
automatically inserts them, you can use the AutoText feature to save time and
create consistency in your documents": "Read and approve": This option sounds
very helpful but I dont understand how it works. How can I do this?
- In "Find and Replace" window, what does the "Match half/full width forms"
option do?
- When I use "Find and Replace", wildcard ? works just fine but the wildcard
* doesnt seem to work. It acts just as if I hadnt checked its checkbox and
used the regular "Find" without any options. What could be the problem?

My system:

Pentium IV 3.0 MHz; 1GB RAM
Microsoft Window XP Service Pack 2
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional