Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default what method to use to get "space after" a table

Adding Space After to text in the table isn't helpful if the table has a
border since the space is added *inside* the table (and border) rather than
below it (in contrast to its behavior with paragraph borders).

"Jules" wrote in message
Hi Brian,
I use body text in my table for text more often than not so the space
after theme follows or if I use Tablebody style same result.
If you have Normal as your style or your preferred style is in Single
space in your table THEN select last row
Table Properties Options
Change Bottom to 0.12 or less or more.

Hope this helps.
"Brian Murphy" wrote in message
I need space between a table and a "body text" paragraph following the
table.

My "body text" style uses only "space after", and zero "space
before".
I believe this is what is generally recommended for the body text
style.

So right now the paragraph following the table is too close to the
table, and I insert a blank line.

What do professional document people do in this situation?

Thanks