Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default what method to use to get "space after" a table

If you want to add a bordered row before the unbordered final row, place the
cursor at the end of the penultimate row (just outside the edge of the
table) and press enter. This adds an identical row below the row where the
cursor was placed.

Of course, this works for any row in a table, but by using the penultimate
row in this instance, it will give you your new row without effecting the
unbordered final row.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Brian Murphy" wrote in message
Table styles are something I've never paid any attention to before, so
I don't really understand them.

I'm not sure, but I think all my tables are using a style called
"Table Grid". I suppose this is one of Word's default built in
styles.

It looks the contents of each individual table cell also get to be
assigned a paragraph style. I'm not sure how the style for the table,
and the style for the cell, work together to produce the final
result. I'll worry about that later.

Anyway, I just tried the following:

Selected the entire last row of one of my tables.
Did "modify style" for the "Table Grid" style.
Set "no border" for the last row only.

It works! All the tables throughout the document now have their last
row with no borders.

If I go to the last cell of each table and press Tab, an empty row is
added in the usual way, and is identical the row above it, but it has
no borders. So I can delete my empty paragraph after my table.

Unless I run into problems, this is going to be my approach to doing
tables from now on.

Cheers,

Brian