Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Page Numbers in mirrored margins

Using Windows XP and Office 2007

I have a lengthy document with mirrored margins that result in a three-inch
margin on the OUTSIDE edge of each page. This blank space is for
participants to write their own notes in the margin during a presentation.

I would like to position the page numbers in a comparable mirrored margin
set up, but I seem to only be able to have them all at the right or the
left margin of each page. Cannot seem to have them at the left margin of
one page and the right margin of the facing page. I've tried to use the
"odd and even page" for setting page numbers at the outside margin of each
page, but I'm having trouble. Can anyone tell me how to get the same
style page number entered on the outside edge of both the odd and the even
pages?