Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Anchors Question

I am not sure how you can be so sure what the OP meant.

Like Cindy, to me, having the text arrange itself of prior and succeding
pages, means having the text flow past the picture.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ian R" wrote in message

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Jay,

Is it possible to put an object like a picture on a page by itself while
letting Word continue to arrange text on prior and succeeding pages?

No. Unfortunately, Word doesn't support this scenario. You can, with a
bit
of fiddling, get Word to put a picture on a page by itself. But text
can't
"flow" around this. Text added ahead will add pages before the picture;
deleting text will pull the picture page "up".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Hi Cindy

I don't understand why you say word doesnt support this.

Maybe there's a misunderstanding? Jay wasnt asking about text flowing
around the object.

I just created a three page doc with a single graphic on page 2.

Put text on page 1 then inserted a page break, made a few empty paragraphs
on page 2 then inserted a single graphic on page 2 between the paragraphs
(the preferred position of the object can be tweaked of course). I then
inserted another page break and continued inputting text on page 3 etc.

Simple!

Happy Holidays!

Ian I^)