Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Merge Documents

Hi ?B?Q29ycmloZXI=?=,

I just received an updated version of Microsoft Office (2003) and am trying
to merge a letter with a database. I have a signature line at the bottom of
the letter for the person the letter is addressed to to sign. When I merge
the letter, the signature line picks up the name on the next letter rather
than the name in the letter's address line. How do I fix this?

What's the "database", in which application was it created?

If you press Alt+F9 to toggle on the field code display, do you see something
like { NEXT } in the document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org