Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word 2003 Table of Contents Error

This is usually caused by Word opening the attachment in Reading Layout
view, which is a user-specific setting. Ask the recipient to turn off the
"Allow starting in Reading Layout" option in Tools | Options, General tab.

Other options a

- Save the attachment to the hard disk before opening it.

- Manually update the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LPS" wrote in message
news
My client sent a Word 2003 document to a colleague, as an Outlook 2003
attachment. The document has a Table of Contents generated using Styles
(headings). When my client opens the document, everything is fine. When
her
colleague opens the document, from the e-mail attachment, the Table of
Contents is corrupted and displays every entry as being on Page 3.

Can anyone suggest a reason why opening the attachment would corrupt the
Table of Contents, yet opening the document displays the Table of Contents
as
it should be?

All help is greatly appreciated.
--