GerryM

Live and learn, part II: I *can* see the formatting; I used Reveal
Formatting in the Format menu which did no good, but clicking on the
paragraph mark did. Now back to paragraph hiding.

Thanks.
Gerry Metze

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If this is a table, you haven't taken into account the default paragraph
following the table. See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BlankPage.htm

"GerryM" wrote in message
I've created an rtf file with top margin = 1/2", 10 rows 1" high, bottom
margin 1/2". That adds up to 720 + 10*1440 + 720 = 15840 twips = 11".

Word
insists on adding a blank page at the end. How come?

Making the bottom margin smaller eliminates the extra page but triggers an
error message because the printer needs a 1/2" bottom margin.

I have thought of 2 workarounds: (1) Specify paper height as 11 1/2", or

(2)
make the last row less tall (which may not be acceptable in all cases).
Either workaround is inelegant and, well, a workaround not a solution.

What
am I missing?