Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
crobinson crobinson is offline

Default find in mailmerge returns nothing word 2003

I have a document in word 2003 using a word doc database to hold mail merge
fields. If I do a find in the mail merge recipients window it returns "Word
has finished searching the database. The search item was not found." If I
reconnect the data source the file works for a while. The search will be
working and in the same session stop finding results. Using the reconnect
data source is the only patch I can find. I have searched for KB articles
and have struck out.