Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Reading mm datasource

This could be to do with how the "MDAC" (Microsoft Data Access) has been
set up. Version 2.5 had an ODBC driver for Foxpro, but version 2.6 did
not. You could have a look at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190233.aspx

Alternatively, if what you actually need is the VFP OLE DB provider,
that is definitely something that has to be installed - see e.g.
but there are probably still other versions on the downoads site.

You can inspect the ODBC setup by going to Control Panel-Administrative
Tools (it's listed in the "classic view"-ODBC Administrator. Or have a
look at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301202

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 01/12/2009 18:19, Markus wrote:
With Word 2002, I have no problem using a dbf (level 7) as a dataource for
mailmerge. With Word 2003, a client is getting the message "Unable to open
datasource" when they try to set up a datasource for mailmerge using a dbf
(but with no reason given).

I have received info from other programmers that confirm their version of
Word 2003 seems to have no problem with a dbf. Is it possible that the
client's install of Word does not include an odbc driver for dbf files?
Wouldn't I get a different message in that case? Anyone know where I go in
Word 2003 to see if they have an odbc driver set up?

Many thanks for any and all ideas on this,
Mark