Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default limit formatting but keep highlighting

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:08:01 -0800, Robin
wrote:

Hi. I am limitting the formatting in word 2003. I have reduced the styles to
what I really need. I would like to be able to use the hightlighter. However,
I cannot find this style. When I turn on the limiting styles, I cannot use
the highlighter. Any ideas how to fix this?

This isn't exactly the same as highlighting, because you can't "paint"
it onto text, but the end result looks the same:

Define a new style, name it Highlight, and make it a Character style.
Click the Format button at the bottom of the New Style dialog and
choose Border. On the Shading tab of the Border dialog, select yellow
(or any other color -- you get a lot more choices than with the real
highlighting tool). Click OK to exit all the dialogs. Make sure the
Highlight style is one of the allowed styles, and apply it to any
selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman