Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

Default limit formatting but keep highlighting

Thanks very much. Although this is not perfect , it will work ok (e.g. if you
want to highlight header text, it will change the text size, etc). Perhaps
Microsoft can allow the highlighter to be used even if limited formatting has
been turned on in their next version of Word...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Instead of trying to use the highlighter, use text shading. Define a
character style as Default Paragraph Font + Pattern: Clear (Yellow).* You
can create as many styles as you need highlight colors. Then add these to
the permitted styles.

*To do this, select some text, go to Format | Borders and Shading, and on
the Shading tab, choose a color, making sure that Text is selected for
"Apply to." Then click New Style... in the Styles and Formatting task pane,
choose Character for the style type, and type a name for the style.

"Robin" wrote in message
Hi. I am limitting the formatting in word 2003. I have reduced the styles

what I really need. I would like to be able to use the hightlighter.

However,
I cannot find this style. When I turn on the limiting styles, I cannot use
the highlighter. Any ideas how to fix this?