Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Kotuby[_2_] John Kotuby[_2_] is offline

Default I hate Word 2007

OK Guys....

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ctrl+C to Copy, Ctrl+V to Paste I am aware
of. It was the Select All option that really threw me, but I have been
educated on that count. I guess it's time for me to upgrade my eyeglasses
for my 58 year-old eyes.

I think I will create a shortcut toolbar. The interface is just too busy for
me...but probably great for power users.

BTW... I have been writing software code for 18 years, including Mainframe
Cobol, DOS dClip, VB6 and now ASP.NET 2.0. I have learned a bit from all
that experience. One thing I learned was to create a simple, intuitive but
powerful user interface. I would say that Microsoft got 1 out of 3 right
this time. It's powerful.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is equally easy in Word 2007. Ctrl+C to Copy, Ctrl+V to Paste (works in
all Windows applications and in many places where toolbars and menus
aren't
available, so the shortcuts are worth learning). There are also many
keyboard shortcuts for selecting text if you prefer that to the mouse. I
believe the Copy and Paste buttons buttons are prominently displayed on
the
Home tab and can be added to the QAT (I think they're on the floating
mini-toolbar as well).

so
all may benefit.

"John Kotuby" wrote in message
Is there a way to have Word 2007 display menus that I am familiar with?

I was trying to help my Wife just click Edit/Select, then Edit/Copy and
finally Paste. That is a very simple thing to do in Word 2003. What a
pain
in Word 2007! Even changing the font and enlarging print was an adventure

in
searching for the right place to do it.

And what's with the stupid graph lines that appear with the opening of a
blank DOCX file. It's like somebody had a nightmare and then designed
Word
from that bad dream.

I think I will download Open Office. I'll bet it is much more intuitive

that
Word 2007.