Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StonyCreeker StonyCreeker is offline

Default button for a command from a dialog box

Jay and Suzanne,

Your suggestion worked well but has one side effect. Whether I base the
style off of the Normal style or (no style), applying the new style changes
the font to the default including size, etc.

Can this be avoided or have I implemented your suggestion incorrectly?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have to say that the first time I actually tried doing this, I found it
very anomalous that you can't assign "no proofing" to a character style
without selecting a language. Not terribly logical, IMO.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:05:17 -0700, StonyCreeker
wrote:

How do you add a button to a toolbar for a command that you select from a
dialog box?

I'd like to have a button to label text as "Do not check spelling or
grammar". To do that now, I need to highlight the text, select
Tools/Language/Set Language, and then check the box marked "Do not check
spelling or grammar". I'd like a button that would mark the highlighted
text.

Can it be done?

Create a new character style that consists of just the default paragraph
font
plus "Do not check spelling or grammar". Then you can create a toolbar
button to
apply that style to the selected text (in the Customize dialog, pick the
Styles
category and drag the new style to a toolbar; see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...ToToolbar.htm).

Hint: To get the style's definition to accept the "Do not check"
attribute, you
must also choose a language in the same dialog. Since it isn't going to be
checked, though, it makes little difference what language you choose.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman