Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Unprotecting Documents setup by someone else

Hi Suaavve,

Unless you can get the passwords back from the person who set them, the best option is to use one of the commercial password
retrieval/removal tools.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Suaavve" wrote in message ...
I am currently working at a company where the person who was in my job prior
to me starting password protected all the policies and procedures the company
uses (I work in HR). We have a new management team and are wanting to update
all our docs. I am unable, however, to access these forms to make changes,
due to the password protections. Any thoughts on either how to "unlock" these
forms? I've tried copying and pasting, but it totally distorts eveything.