Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word has stopped working error message

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Bill1959 wrote:
I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron for my daughter to take to
college. The system came with Vista installed. I purchased the
student version of Microsoft Office and installed it before she left
for school. It appeared that the three main programs (Word, Excel and
Powerpoint) installed correctly. My daughter discoverd at school when
she tried to use word it would open but when trying to change
anything within the document (font) an error message appreared
stating Microsoft Office Word has stopped working, Windows will close
the program. Excel and powerpoint seem to be ok. I tried to load all
current Windows updates and was unsuccessfull on loading all updates.
I received an error message of Code 6AA. This has been extremely
frustrating to have a these issues on a new machine. Any help is
greatly appreciated. I unistalled Office Home and reinstalled to no
avail.