Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge filter Toubleshoot

Can you tell us a bit more about the specific filtering problems you are
having?
a. Is it to do with nulls/blanks?
b. can you use the Word VBA Editor immediate window to display the
value of the SQL Word is actually sending to Access, e.g. using

?ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.Querystring

(I would guess that the query string is changing each time you merge, or
change the criteria, in which case it would be helpful to show more than
one value of .Querystring)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/12/2009 22:14, TheDon wrote:
The article was not terribly helpful. It might help if I do not want to use
a filter at all... So the premise here is try to avoid "is Null" or as Word
puts it "is blank" in my filter criteria? Let me know if there is any
additional workaround. thanks for the help...

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

There are a number of different problems with the filtering in Mail
merge, but the main longstanding one is to do with filters that try to
include/exclude blank fields - e.g., see

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286880

If that's what you are experiencing, by all means see if the article
helps but otherwise another fix may be possible.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 30/11/2009 15:01, TheDon wrote:
When I filter items in MS Word using mailmerge, I seem to get fitlering
errors where word adds, duplicates or changes the filters unexpectedly. Any
ideas?

Background: Currently using Office 2007; this was also happening in 2003.
Datasource is Access database (2002-2003 format), running on a peer to peer
network. All shares are on a stan alone peer/server.

thanks,

Don

.