Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Field Braces

How odd. According to Customize | Keyboard, Ctrl+F9 is assigned to
InsertFieldChars. Make sure that your assignment is still correct; sounds
like it may have gotten assigned to InsertField.

http://word.mvps.org

"Island Girl" wrote in message
news
I could swear that Ctrl+F9 always resulted in field braces. However, the
connection somehow doesn't work now and instead of field braces, it takes
me
to the field code window in which one can select many types of fields.

What can I do to get just the field braces?

Thanks in advance!