Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default RGB Codes for 90% Black

Does the same apply to 80% cyan?

Not exactly. I suggest you read the article on my web site at
http://www.wordarticles.com/Articles...olourSpace.htm, which explains
in more detail how to do the calculations (black was a special case).
Although it relates to Word 2007, the calculations using HSL values are the
same everywhere.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"ju2908" wrote in message

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

You don't say what Word version you are using but there are several
shades
of grey available on the More Colors dialog, Standard tab (and equivalent
VBA constants available, if you want to use code). If you want to
explicitly
set a percentage of Black, then this is how to calculate he RGB values:

100% Black = 0, 0, 0
0% Black = 255, 255, 255

thus each 1% less than 100% black is 2.55, 2.55, 2.55
rounding to whole numbers means that:
99% black is 3, 3, 3
98% black is 5, 5, 5
90% black is 25, 25, 25
70% black is 77, 77, 77
etc.

Now, if you happen to be using Word 2007 and want to use Theme colours
rather than the explicit black, see
http://www.wordarticles.com/Articles/Colours/2007.htm where I have
written
more than I should - although probably not enough - about how it works.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"ju2908" wrote in message
Hi

I have to have to change the font colour of text in Word in 90% black
and
70% black.
I can't find the corect rgb codes for these

Can any one help
thanks
ju

It's word 2003

Thanks very much. Does the same apply to 80% cyan?

Thanks

Ju