Yugcam

Yes. I have done all these things. Numerous times I have selected the entire
document and changed the default language to English, disabled auto detect,
etc. etc.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you read the referenced article?

"Yugcam" wrote in message
This is disabled. First thing I did.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm (and make

sure
you have disabled "Detect language automatically").

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Yugcam" wrote in message
It's not any particular word. In a paragraph, suddenly a dozen or more
words
appear with the red underline, telling me they're misspelled. However,
they're spelled correctly in English, but the spell checker thinks I'm
typing
in FRENCH and so doesn't recognize the word. Is there any way to
completely
turn off this language thing for good? I'd uninstall it, but knowing

the
Microsoft way, it'd probably uninstall ten other things I need.

Blecch.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Clearly the word in question is formatted as French. If you insert

an
AutoText or formatted AutoCorrect entry that has been saved in

another
language, this will change the language at the insertion point.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Yugcam" wrote in message
The problem occurs despite the setting. All of a sudden words will
appear
with the red underlining, saying they're misspelled.

Right-clicking on
the
words pops up possible definitions--all French words.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Does it keep resetting back to checked, or does the problem

occur
despite
the setting?

Yugcam wrote:
Tried that--over and over and over. Ad nauseum.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Tools Language Set Language uncheck 'detect language
automatically'

Yugcam wrote:
Okay, this is bugging me seriously now. I have set my

language
US English inside Word and also using the Language Settings.
However, it keeps reverting back to French for some reason.

disabled every language but English, but French keeps coming
back.
How do I fix this?