Bevan

Default Mail Merge - importing documents

Hello,
I'm trying to get out several hundred letters which will be customized to
each customer depending on their information contained in a database which i
have Word currently referring to.
I had tried working with Access but have also run into problems.
I was wondering if it was possible for Word to do this, customizing what was
contained in the letter by inserting specific paragraphs or maybe making
paragraphs not print according to what is in the database.
E.g if the client is a company then to print out the relevant paragraph
relating to a company, but not the paragraph for a partnership or trust etc.

What i had tried so far was something along the lines of this field:

{IF Client_Data = "Company" {INCLUDETEXT "Computer Reports" \*MERGEFORMAT
}\*MERGEFORMAT}

It however only just includes that data in the Computer Reports.doc file.
I was wondering what the coding was if any to return that word doc dependant
on what Client_Data returns from the database

Any assistance or feedback at all on this whole problem would be very much
appreciated.