Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Teego56 Teego56 is offline

Default How do I show the record number in a merge database?

I am using Word 2007 with the 'ribbon' type toolbars. Prior to this, when
you created a database to use with merge documents, each record had a number
so you could choose which records to merge by number. Word 2007 does not
show the record numbers, so you have to also make a manual list to keep
similar records together. Does anyone know how to show the record numbers in
your datatbase? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.