Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DSacks DSacks is offline

Default Office 2007 -- Zip File Error "Office Open XML File Cannot be

Tony,

Thanks, I see now there is a browse button that does let me select any
program. But now I don't know what to select -- I don't have Winzip, and now
don't seem to have Windows Explorer either (and I tried searching for it from
the Start menu and nothing came up or in "All Programs"). I see I have
WIndows Calendar, Collaboration, Defender, Journal, Media Player etc, but no
"Windows" and no "Windows Explorer". Maybe that's the problem??

Thanks for your help with this.

Diane

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

As well as the options provided (in Windows Explorer, not IE), there should
be a Browse or Search button for you to select any program you wish. If you
have Winzip (I don't have it installed on this computer) there may also be a
way within that to re-associate zip files but I don't know what it might be.
If you just want to use Windows try selecting "explorer.exe" in your Windows
folder as the program.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"DSacks" wrote in message
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either. Although you do state
"while
you are in Windows Explorer", and I'm actually in Internet Explorer (since
the zip document is on a web site). So not sure if that makes a
difference. I
did go to my Control Panel to check the default programs set for my
computer,
and it shows Word for files with the extension "zip". The only other
option
it gave me to change it to was Internet Explorer, but when I changed it to
that and then tried to open the document, the computer just went crazy and
started opening up Internet Explorer windows non-stop so that I had to
turn
the computer off. So I changed the default back to Word for zip
extensions,
since that was the only other option.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi D.,

Hold down the shift key while right clicking to see if you then get the
'Open With' choice while you are in Windows Explorer.

=======
"DSacks" wrote in message
Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that is what's happening (since the
Word
icon shows in the pop up window), but when I right-click on the document
don't get the "Open with" option. The only options are "open", "open in
new
tab" and "open in new window".

Any thoughts on how to get to an "Open With" option?

Thanks
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP